TEAM EVEREST FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Jayson

Jayson
Team Counselor
Team Counselor

Isabella
T. Sheila: her teaching style doesn’t match the student’s style. The student said doesn’t like listening to songs. She thinks speaking and writing would be better.

T. Lea: the student would like to have more speaking time and opportunity in the group class.

2May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 am

Leah

Leah
Assistant Leaders
Assistant Leaders

Copy t. jayson
my students are informed in the very first day that the group class curriculum is more on grammar and listening (tesol) so they don't have much time speaking. But as much as i want them to practice speaking as well, i dont ask them to write their answers in controlled and semi controlled, but i ask them to answer verbally.

3May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Thu May 31, 2012 1:16 am

Bong

Assistant Leaders
Assistant Leaders

Teacher Sheila said she would change her lessons based on what the student wants although they already had prior agreement.

4May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Thu May 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Jayson

Jayson
Team Counselor
Team Counselor

Isabella
T. Sheilla: her teaching style is not bad at all, but the problem now is that her pronunciation is not good to the student, the student can’t understand her.

T. Lea: the student said she’s not interested in the group class, actually she wants to skip the class, somehow she thinks it’s a bit boring; but she will still give it a try.

5May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:54 am

Leah

Leah
Assistant Leaders
Assistant Leaders

copy sir..
May i ask what you told the student regarding her concern..She will skip just today or she doesn't want to attend the class anymore...thanks.

6May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:12 pm

HT Bai

HT Bai
Head Teacher
Head Teacher

T. Lea, i think what she really meant was she just feels she wanted to skip Group Class but she will still attend the class. Anyway, according to T. Jayson, the student admitted that the problem is with her. Still, we have to follow up on this. Thanks everyone.

7May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 am

HT Bai

HT Bai
Head Teacher
Head Teacher

Follow up on this counselor?

8May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 am

Bong

Assistant Leaders
Assistant Leaders

I have addressed the problem of Isabella to teacher Sheila already.

9May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 am

Jayson

Jayson
Team Counselor
Team Counselor

Isabella
T. Lea: the student said that she’s just always tired because the group class is at 3 pm. The student has 5 individual classes; this makes her exhausted by the time she goes to her group class; she’s okay with T. Lea, the problem is with the student.

T. Sheila: her pronunciation is still the same; it’s strong, Filipino accent.

10May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:45 am

Bong

Assistant Leaders
Assistant Leaders

I told the problem of Isabella to teacher Sheila and she couldn't believe it because she told me English is her first language. I let her speak in English and I couldn't see any problem with her pronunciation. Maybe I need to listen to her more.

11May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Empty Re: May 29 Isabella - Ts. Sheila and Lea Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am

HT Bai

HT Bai
Head Teacher
Head Teacher

Thanks T. Bong. Same as my observation. During our discussion, i can't seem to find some flaws in her speech. There are times she mispronounces words but the accent is neutral in general. Counselor Jayson, kindly ask the student some instances on Sheila having Filipino Accent. Like words she mispronounced. We can't rule this as a valid complaint as we, teacher Bong and I, couldn't see any problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum